About the tasting room
Spend your day in the Tasting Room - the hub for Mustard news, developments, ideas, menus and recipes
- #simplyaddmustard (1)
- A delicious summer starter (1)
- Absolutely delicious! (2)
- Bobby (0)
- Car (0)
- Champagne Laurent-Perrier (1)
- chocolate (0)
- David Bowie (1)
- David Bowie is....influencing your behaviour.......events (0)
- desserts (0)
- developments (0)
- English asparagus wrapped in Parma ham (1)
- Events (1)
- Food (1)
- fun (1)
- Historic Royal Palaces (1)
- ideas (0)
- innovation (0)
- Louis Vuitton on Sale (0)
- Louis Vuitton Outlet (0)
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Store (0)
- menus (0)
- micro herbs and soy sesame vinaigrette. (0)
- Mustard adds plenty of Funk and Soul !! (1)
- Mustard Catering Event Spaces (0)
- Mustard Catering New Event Spaces (1)
- Mustard has plenty of Funk and Soul !! (0)
- news (0)
- parties (1)
- Pets (0)
- puddings (0)
- Recipe (0)
- recipes (3)
- Seared Tuna Capaccio Recipe (0)
- Seared Tuna Carpaccio Recipe (1)
- Seared tuna carpaccio with shaved baby vegetables (0)
- Serve with steamed Asian spiced sea bass (1)
- shaved baby turnips and spring onion. (1)
- tag1 (0)
- Tasting Room Yesterday (0)
- This is why Mustard Catering are the best! (0)
- Tower of London (1)
- V &A (1)
- Venues (2)
- wasabi salsa (0)
- watermelon (0)
- www.leaandsandeman.co.uk (0)
- Yummy (1)
Griddled fillet of sea bass, English asparagus, tomato chutney and lemon vinaigrette
Ingredients for 4 portions:
1kg line caught wild sea bass, filleted, skinned and pin boned. Ask your fishmonger to do this for you.
Cut into 4 thick portions, weighing roughly 125 grams each.
20 large English asparagus spears: washed, trimmed and peeled.
Blanch the asparagus spears in boiling salted water until cooked with a little bite.
1 banana shallot, finely diced
1 teaspoon tomato puree
½ clove garlic, grated
8 plum tomatoes blanched, peeled and rough diced
1 sprig rosemary finely chopped
1 sprig of thyme finely chopped
1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
2 teaspoons good quality extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon caster sugar
Gently sweat of shallot and garlic.
Add tomato puree and cook off acidity
Add vinegar and cook out till dry
Add herbs, diced tomato and sugar and simmer for 20 minutes
Finish with olive oil and season with salt and pepper
2 lemons, juiced
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
80 ml good quality extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon icing sugar
Dash of water
Put lemon juice and mustard in a bowl and whisk until emulsified. Add icing sugar to taste. Slowly start to pour over olive oil whilst whisking until emulsified. Add a little water to loosen the dressing. Season with salt and pepper.
Grill the sea bass fillets with olive oil, seasoning and a little dot of butter.
Whilst the fish is cooking, place the asparagus spears on the plate.
Spoon a quenelle or dollop of chutney on the side.
Drizzle the asparagus with a little of the lemon vinaigrette.
When the sea bass is cooked, lay the fish over the asparagus.
Finish off the plate with a pile of wild rocket salad and drizzle a little more of the vinaigrette over the fish and leaves.